Psy Knitter

Multnomah

Why, look at this! A new, real-live, current post? Is that truly the case?

Sorry for the lack of fresh, brand-spankin' new posting. I vowed that I would finish at least one knit before the start of the school year, and I have made good with that promise. Woo.

So I'm currently in love with knitting little shawls. Shawlettes, if you will. A couple of years ago I bought a couple of hanks of Knitpicks Shimmer to knit a Clapotis for a friend. Unfortunately, I ran out since I had double-stranded the work and had to purchase an additional 2 hanks. I had only used about 30 yards or so of the new hanks and, perplexed on what to do with the rest, put them away. They languished in a tupperware box for some time until inspiration hit: Multnomah. I felt that the colorway of the yarn (Turquoise Splendor) would work magically with the feather-and-fan stitch. Lo and behold, I believe I was right! Specity-specs:

Pattern: Multnomah by Hello Knitty
Source: the innerwebs
Yarn: Knitpicks Shimmer, Turquoise Splendor
Needles: 4


I made no modifications to the pattern, which was very well written. I did come across an issue wherein I think I may have increased more stitches than necessary, since there were extra stitches when it came to starting the lace border. I just decreased those rogue stitches and knit merrily away.


The yarn is absolutely fabulous, and produces a light yet warm garment. The color is a beautiful combination of greens, teals, light and moderate blues. Unfortunately, it's been discontinued. Damn you, Knitpicks! :shakes fist at sky: I kind of suck at photographing so the shawl appears in two colors; the more accurate representation appears in the indoor photographs, like thus:


And last but not least, the requisite back shot:


Even though it only took approximately 400 yards, it's a pretty substantial shawl. Since the summer is drawing to a close and the start of the semester is right on its heels, I'm kind of bummed that I won't have time for more knitting. But I'm glad that I was able to complete this darling shawl, just in time for fall weather. 

No comments

Post a Comment