Psy Knitter

Beantown

Hello friends,

It's been a while, hasn't it? I've been a busy beaver, what with classes, teaching and research.
Same old, same old.

It feels like I complain too much about being a grad student so let me remedy that. One of the perks of working in academia is you get to travel for conferences and lectures. And because I'm a smarty-pants, I was awarded a grant that pays me to travel for conferences. Yay!

So my first pit stop is the very quaint and cute city of Boston.























I was pleasantly surprised; Bostonians have a, shall we say, less than savory reputation when it comes to hospitality but people literally went out of their way to help a lost-looking traveler like yours truly. People held doors open for me, let me off elevators and public transportation first, and overall were a considerate and helpful bunch. A gal could get used to that kind of treatment.

I was absolutely charmed by its size, cleanliness and vast array of restaurants, stores and beautiful ocean views. Even the tart, sea smell was wonderful. It's definitely a cool little city, one that I hope to visit more often in the future. Oh yeah, and the conference was pretty rad as well. But it's all about Boston for now...

View outside my hotel

Water taxi

No comments

Post a Comment