Psy Knitter

Yellowjackets

Hello folks,

What better time to finish knitting a pair of socks when it's sweltering hot outside?

:-/


Skew by Lana Holden
Needle: size 1.5
Yarn: Lorna's Laces Sock Yarn, bee stripe
Skeins: 2 (these are the smaller skeins containing 215 yards)
Size: original size (see knitty for instructions)

According to Ravelry, it took me about 4 years to complete these socks. Actually, knitting each sock was rather quick (a few weeks), but the time between sock one and sock two was a few years. I have a strong case of single-sock syndrome, it looks like. It's a shame though, because these socks are rather awesome.


The pattern is a bit tricksy. It's well written and clear, but I found that I had to pay close attention (this is not a watch-tv-while-knitting-simultaneously project). And even so, I made an error knitting the second sock. I ripped back and fixed it, but it delayed my progress for a while. Regardless, the construction is very clever, and I would totally knit again.

I'm a huge fan of Lorna's Laces yarn. Love the softness and love the color. Let's see how this yarn will wear over time. Hopefully it will be resistant to friction and such.


I'm still chugging along on my knitting. Been taking breaks, since I've been investing most of my time on my Muay Thai training. It's difficult, juggling so many hobbies and passions. How do you guys do it?

No comments

Post a Comment