Psy Knitter

Twisted Knots II

 Loved it so much the first time, I had to knit another one!

Tied Knots II by Justyna Lorkowska
Needle: size 2, 6
Yarn: madelintosh DK, Fluoro Rose
Size: one size, ~200 yards

This pattern is great; it's well written, and a super fast knit.

HOWEVER. This hat is slightly bigger and longer than the first version. I think it's because the madelinetosh is thicker than the Malabrigo. In fact, I would classify this as more of a light worsted. While I really like this color (fluorescent colors are very in right now, and it is *intensely vibrant*), the yarn was plied very loosely and so it was quite splitty. It was also very fuzzy. The end result looks fine, but I'm not sure if I would use this yarn again. I'm also a little bummed that the hat was bigger. I'll probably wear it, but I'm going to look and see whether there's any way to shrink it a little? Is that possible? Time for an experiment...

No comments

Post a Comment