Psy Knitter

Streamlined

 A little bit late for the current weather, but still excited about my latest knit:


Streamline Tank by Alexandra Tavel
Size: Extra Small
Needle size: 7
Yarn: Lion Brand Comfy Cotton Blend, 1 skein


I am very proud of myself with this knit, since I purchased the yarn in early June of this year, and finished this project sometime in ... September? Super fast knit, given my track record. 

The pattern is so well done, and the author really is generous offering it for free. I did make some edits, just to make things slightly easier and faster:
  1. Knit in the round. In short, I knit the bottom front and back hems separately until I joined in the round once the increases were over. This also means I removed one selvedge stitch on each side, and added them again once I separated the front and back at the top, once it was time to divide for the neck.
  2. I knit an additional inch for length to the body.
  3. I used the 3-needle bind-off to join the front and back tank straps.

This is the first time using Comfy Cotton Blend, and it was quite nice. Not splitty and generally soft. The only downside is that the resulting fabric was a bit stiffer than I wanted. The creator recommends something with drape, and knit their garment using Lion Brand Coboo which has a bamboo-like material.  If I were to knit this again, I would use a yarn with better drape.

Also, I wanted to knit this using one skein only, so I decided on knitting the smallest size. I think that I would play around with the yarn and sizing next time, perhaps using a thinner yarn (DK or even sport weight) and knitting the next size up. That should also help with slouchiness/drapiness.


This is really a cute and breezy top and I might even knit more, which is something I don't tend to do!

1 comment

  1. Hi, would you mind to share how you did the ribbing in the round?

    ReplyDelete