Psy Knitter

Knuck it

(Originally published: December 27, 2009)

Now that the semester is over, I've been busily knitting away on a couple of big projects.

My mother, who is allergic to wool, requested a pair of fingerless gloves; who am I to say no? She had only two stipulations: the yarn must be acrylic and the color must be black. Done and done.


Details:

Pattern: Knucks by Pamela Grossman
Source: Knitty.com, Summer 2006
Skeins: 1
Needles: 4

Overall, this was a quick and satisfying knit. I love that these gloves are knit from the fingers down so that you can get the finicky parts out of the way first. The pattern is incredibly well written and demonstrates an interesting construction.

Now onto the yarn: I don't like it. I don't think of myself as a yarn snob since I've been able to find really great acrylic yarns. Unfortunately, Bernat Satin is not one of them; it's squeaky to knit with, very fuzzy and is already pilling, as evidenced by this picture:


Done and done I will totally knit these for my mother again but I'll definitely use another acrylic or cotton yarn. Regardless, my mother loves them and has been wearing them daily. And that's what ultimately counts, isn't it?

Happy knitting, folks!

No comments

Post a Comment