Psy Knitter

And baby makes three...

:We have now returned to your regularly scheduled programming:

Hi there.
I've been busy trying not to go crazy. And you?

Seriously, I've been juggling teaching and taking classes and now that my research project is being finalized for data collection, I feel like there aren't enough hours in the day. But it's pretty fun research (more details to follow) so at least it's all worthwhile. At least that's what I tell myself.

Anywho, my cousin recently spawned a sweet baby girl. Who am I to deny knitted goods?

Onto the knits:

Pattern: Umbilical cord hat by Jennifer L. Jones
Source: Stitch 'N Bitch: The Knitter's Handbook
Yarn: Bernat Satin Solids, Flamingo
Needles: 6


Short, sweet and satisfying, this hat is always a pleasure to knit. The recipient chose the yarn and color; the color was cute, but Bernat Satin has the tendency to pill. Regardless, it's easy to wear and wash, which is always optimal in baby clothes. And the pièce de resistance:

Pattern: Saartje's Booties by Saartje
Yarn: Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock Stripe, Baby Stripe
Needles: 1


These little booties are so damn cute I can't even stand it. And they're the perfect, last minute knitting gift. They take a couple of hours to make and use a ridiculously small amount of yarn. And the adorableness is unparalleled.


The pattern was well written and succinct. The only issue I came across was how to make the button loops. The other booties on Ravelry are so beautifully done, but the directions were a bit vague on how to complete the loops. I think others used a tatting technique to make them sturdy, but I'm unfamiliar with tatting so I just pulled the yarn ends in and created a simple loop. My bootleg booties.

Anyway it was fun to take a break and knit some things. Hopefully once school dies down (:fingers crossed:) I'll be able to finish some things that I started long, long ago.

Onwards and upwards!

No comments

Post a Comment