Psy Knitter

I wish I had this back

This is an oldie but goodie: I knit my boyfriend at the time a well-thought-out, well-researched scarf:

Manly-man scarf.
Here are the specs:
His Birthday Scarf by Monika Steinbauer
Needle: US 7
Yarn: Berroco Comfort, Charcoal
Skeins: 3

Overall, this was a fine knit. The pattern was straightforward, and the end result was lovely and masculine. It's notoriously difficult to knit for the men in our lives, but I think the color and pattern combination was successful. I followed the stitch pattern, but I made it extra long by doing 28 sets of repeats rather than the 19 indicated.

In progress
While knitting it, the yarn was soft but a little splitty. However, that won't prevent me from using it in the future. It's hard to find a good, basic acrylic yarn and this is quite serviceable. It also has good stitch definition. After some wear, though, I've noticed it's starting to look a little fuzzy. I'm not sure whether that's due to 'rough' wear.

Anyway, I kind of wish I had this back; I would totally rock this scarf.

Live and learn. :-/

No comments

Post a Comment