Psy Knitter

Maia

It's been slow as molasses on the knitting front, but I actually do have something to report!


Maia by Rosemary (Romi) Hill
Needle: Size 6
Yarn: Malabrigo Sock, Cote D'Azur
Size: entire skein (440 yards)

I actually finished this sometime in September, but it took forever to take pictures. The pattern was really great in that it offered both charted and written directions, so take your pick. It's also great because you can knit until you use up all of your yarn; I love patterns that allow for that. It took me quite a while to knit this thing though (a little over two years?). I doubt I'd knit this one again. But it does make for a very beautiful shawl.

Also: beads! This is my first time knitting with beads. I chose an iridescent, blue-ish color. This may not have been the best choice; you can't really see the beads in the picture. But it looks very nice and subtle in person.


I made no modifications to the pattern. However, this is definitely not mindless knitting; please stay concentrated!

I used my favorite sock yarn, Malabrigo. Incredibly soft and subtly variegated, the pattern really pops with this yarn. I would totally hoard this yarn, if I actually knit more frequently. Better that they go to lovely homes that will be knit into something pretty.


Lastly, it was quite a challenge to photograph this shawl. You can't see the detail: the ribbed fabric, the lace, or the beads that clearly. In any case, it was totally worthwhile to knit. Definitely check this pattern out.

Onto more knitting projects!

No comments

Post a Comment