Psy Knitter

Twisted Knots

Happy 2018!

I hope to be more consistent in my knitting throughout this year (one of my resolutions).

The arctic blast in NYC has helped this resolution along.
It's too cold to venture out, which frees my time to knit warm, wooly things to combat this brutal weather.

Enter my first knit of the year:


Tied Knots by Justyna Lorkowska
Needle: size 2, 6
Yarn: Malabrigo Yarn Rastita, mostaza
Size: one size, ~200 yards

I finished this in less than a week, and followed the pattern as written. Pattern was clearly written and organized, including charts and written instructions per row. I highly recommend it. I've knit quite a few number of hats, but they're almost always slightly off, either too small, too loose, or too slouchy. This hat is just right. Tight enough that it hugs my ears nicely, but not so tight that it flattens my hair. It's also perfectly slouchy.


Malabrigo yarn is always a treat to knit with; it's very soft and has a slightly felted feel. The colors are gorgeous, always deeply vibrant. I love this color.


Overall, I highly recommend this pattern. It's intuitive, simple (in a good way), and produces a complicated-looking item. And who doesn't need another hat?

No comments

Post a Comment