Psy Knitter

Infinity Cowl

So I managed to get some knitting done this year!


Brioche Infinity Scarf by Unnur Eva Arnarsdóttir
Needle size: 10.5
Yarn: Plymouth Yarn Coffee Beenz, 9202
Size: I knit until I ran out of yarn, so 420 yards

This was one of my quicker knits, once I was able to figure the pattern out and learn how to brioche knit.

A word on the pattern...

I did not use it. At all. Frankly, unless I completely misunderstood the instructions, I think it is incorrect. With help from all smart Ravelers (and particularly Anidori), I was able to get this cowl cooking by using the following instructions:

  • Cast on 30 stitches provisionally
  • Work one row of K1 P1 ribbing
  • Start brioche pattern which includes
    • Slip 1 purl wise, yarn over, K1; Repeat this pattern to the end of row
    • Slip 1 purl wise, yarn over K2tog; Repeat this pattern to the end of row
  • Repeat the second row of brioche pattern until scarf measures desired length
  • To finish the scarf
    • Slip 1 purl wise, K2tog. Repeat this pattern to the end of row
    • Slip 1 purl wise, K1, (P1, K1). Repeat stitches in parentheses to the end of row.
  • Use three-needle bind off to join ends of cowl

However difficult it was to get this pattern to work, the end result is so worth it. This fabric produces the fluffiest, cushiest fabric that is so delightful. Also, you get to knit until you run out of yarn, which I prefer. I'll definitely be using this pattern for basic scarves from now on.

Also, it was my first time using this yarn, and it's very serviceable. It's moderately soft and the color is a soft neutral. Best of all, it was a gift from my sweet niece; I'm lucky she has good taste.


Everyone needs a basic cowl in their wardrobe, I think. I'm glad I was able to finish my new knit just in time for the crisp fall weather!

No comments

Post a Comment