Psy Knitter

Date Night Top

And here is my first summer knitting project complete!

Date Night by Nikol Lohr
Size: Medium
Needles: 2, 5 and 7
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino, 3 skeins?


As per usual, I started knitting this a while back (Ravelry tells me June 2018), so it took me a few years to  complete. There really should be no reason why; this pattern is clear, and the lace knitting is uncomplicated and rather intuitive. I did do some slight modifications: 

1. I lengthened the top by knitting 14 lace pattern repeats.
2. I think the bind-off as written would have resulted in a loose, wavy hem so I bound off in the following way: knit and BO 8-9 stitches, m1 and BO that stitch. I really like how the resulting hem looks like.

One other note about the pattern: I appreciate all previous Ravelers who noted how small this top actually is. Given my bust size (33"), I should have knit a size small. But the pattern reviews scared me, so I knit the medium size. While the pattern does stretch, there is no way I would have fit into a size small. I'm so glad I knit the medium; it fits close to the body, but is not tight. 


This is the first time I've used a Debbie Bliss yarn. I absolutely loved it. The yarn is so soft and squishy. It also holds up remarkably well. I had ripped out another project using this yarn and rewound it; ripping out was easy and the yarn remained intact (no felting, etc.). I'd definitely buy this again. The cashmere makes it that much more indulgent.


Overall, this is a relatively quick, satisfying knit. I'll be wearing this one often!


No comments

Post a Comment