Psy Knitter

Autumn Colors

It was a bit brisk today in NYC, which I absolutely love! (I love fall and winter; yes, I'm a weirdo.)

What better time than to break out my newest hat?


The Boyfriend Hat by Purl Soho
Needle Size: 3
Yarn: Patons North America KroySocks FX, clover colours
Skeins: 2
Size: Women's medium

The pattern is very nicely and simply written. Ribbed beanies are all the rage, so its was very generous for this wonderful yarn company to offer the pattern for free. I knit this approximately 7.5 inches long. I think it's at an awkward length; I could have knit this shorter, in which case it would have been a skull cap. Or maybe next time I'll knit it longer, so it's slouchier? I'm not sure...


The yarn is pretty good. I think it's a heavier fingering weight, maybe even a sport weight. It's not the softest at first, but a good soak with fabric softener does the trick. The colors are really the draw here; the yarn creates a really cool ombre effect. My original plan was to knit socks with this yarn, but I recently came to terms with the fact that I don't particularly like knitting socks (I know, blasphemy! But that really thin yarn with all those teeny-tiny stitches for a garment that's always a bit scratchy? I just can't.)


So the plan is to keep knitting because knitting keeps me sane. On the academic front, I've been a busy bee and I'm thrilled to report that I'm literally days away from finishing my dissertation. Woo! And of course the resulting question is: what will I do next???

...

Yeah, I have no idea either. But still, baby steps.

2 comments

  1. Looks great, did you knit with two strands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Nope, this is just one strand. This particular yarn is a heavier finger/sport weight. Hope this helps!

      Delete